How to create a cart abandonment popup (Shopify)
Cart-abandonment popups are a must-have for every online store!
- Set targeting rules based on a visitor's cart value.
- Increase sales by creating urgency and by incentivizing visitors with reminders about free shipping and more.
NOTE: The cart value targeting rule described in this article is only available to Socital accounts that have installed Socital's Shopify App.
If your account is not integrated with Shopify, see this article.
Create a cart abandonment popup
1. Open the Campaign Gallery
- Click on the "Create Campaign" button at the navigation menu to open the Campaign Gallery.
2. Filter by "Reduce cart abandonment" goal
- Click on the "Reduce cart abandonment" filter under "Goal".
- Now you can see different types of cart abandonment campaigns, such as simple redirect campaigns, discount code campaigns and other seasonal campaigns.
3. Create the campaign
- We'll use the "Phuket" template, which is a simple redirect popup.
- Click on the campaign to create it.
4. The campaign is created
- You are redirected to the campaign editor to customize your campaign further.
- You can customize your campaign's text and styling in the editor.
Configure your cart abandonment popup
5. Set the redirect URL
- This is the page where visitors will be redirected when clicking on the call-to-action of your campaign.
- This can be your cart or checkout page.
- While you are editing the campaign in the campaign editor in the "Set up" section, scroll further down to " Redirect Buttons".
- In the Redirect URL field enter the URL of the page to which you will redirect your visitors when they click on the campaign's call-to-action.
- In this section, you can also edit the text of the call-to-action button to make it relevant to where you redirect them to.
- For example, "Back to my cart", "Complete Purchase", "Complete Order".
6. Configure the cart value targeting rule
- Go to the " Targeting" section in the campaign editor.
- This draft campaign already has a cart value targeting rule to show the campaign to any visitor that their cart value is greater than 0.
- To edit the cart value rule, click on the edit icon.
- Click on the dropdown to see all conditions.
- You can choose any condition such as greater than, less or equal to or between.
- Enter the cart value.
- Click on Done.
- Don't forget to save your campaign and activate it!
NOTE: You cannot host the campaign on the checkout page of your e-shop due to Shopify technical limitations.