How to create a cart-abandonment popup
Cart-abandonment popups are a must-have for every online store!
Recover abandoned carts the moment a visitor is about to leave the checkout pages.
Increase sales by creating urgency and by incentivizing visitors with reminders about free shipping and more.
Create a cart abandonment popup
1. Open the Campaign Gallery
You can open the campaign gallery by clicking on the "Create Campaign" button at the navigation menu.
2. Filter by "Reduce cart abandonment" goal
To find cart abandonment popups, click on the "Reduce cart abandonment" filter under "Goal".
Now you can see different types of cart abandonment campaigns, such as simple redirect campaigns, discount code campaigns and other seasonal campaigns.
3. Create the campaign
We'll use the "Phuket" template, which is a simple redirect popup. Click on the campaign to create it.
4. The campaign is created
You are redirected to the campaign editor to customize your campaign further.
You can customize your campaign's text and styling in the editor.
Below we outline only the most important settings you need to configure for a cart-abandonment popup.
Configure cart abandonment popup
5. Set the redirect page
This is the page where visitors will be redirected when clicking on the call-to-action of your campaign. This can be your cart or checkout page.
How to set the redirect page
While you are editing the campaign in the campaign editor in the "Set up" section, scroll further down to " Redirect Buttons".In the Redirect URL field enter the URL of the page to which you will redirect your visitors when they click on the call-to-action.
In this section, you can also edit the text of the call-to-action button to make it relevant to where you redirect them to.
For example, "Back to my cart", "Complete Purchase", "Complete Order".
6. Set the pages where the popup will be shown
Cart abandonment campaigns should be shown on your cart/checkout pages.
- Go to the " Targeting" section in the campaign editor.
- This draft campaign already has a targeting rule to only show this campaign to the page with /cart URL.
- If your cart page URL is different, then add it in the existing input field.
- To add more pages to display the cart abandonment campaign such as your checkout pages, click on the drop-down menu
- Select "Show on specified page only".
- Click on the "+" button to add the targeting rule.
- Add as many rules as you need, by clicking on the "+" icon. Add the URLs of each page in the input fields of the targeting rules.
7. Don't forget to save your campaign and activate it!