How to create a welcome offer popup
Grow your email list and push for first-time orders with a welcome offer popup!
Grow your email list up to 2x faster with quality leads.
Increase sales by incentivizing new visitors to place their first order with a special discount.
Table of contents
1. Create a welcome offer popup
Go to the Campaign Gallery.
You can open the campaign gallery by clicking on the "Create Campaign" button at the navigation menu.
To find newsletter subscription popups, click on the "Grow mailing list" filter under "Goal".
Click on a campaign to create it.
2. Targeted to new visitors only
This campaign is targeted to new visitors only since we want to create a welcome offer.
- To see where this targeting rule is set, go to the "Targeting" section of the campaign editor.
- This campaign will only be shown to new visitors.
3. Add a coupon code in the success screen
You can always rename your campaign, change the template, text and styling.
The most important setting you need to configure for a welcome offer popup is to add the coupon code in the success screen.
3.1 Generate coupon code
- You need to first generate the coupon code in your e-commerce platform.
- Follow their instructions on how to generate a coupon code. This coupon code should be generic, and not unique for each subscriber since you will display it in the success screen for all new subscribers to get.
- Use a representative name for your coupon code such as WELCOME10 for a 10% discount for new subscribers. Or anything that matches your brand's tone of voice.
3.2 Add code in the success screen
- In the campaign editor, go to the Success section.
- In the text editor of the success message, paste the coupon code.
- Style it accordingly to make it eye-catching.
- Save your campaign and don't forget to activate it!
Send a welcome email with coupon code
You can sync the leads from this campaign to a mailing list in the email marketing tool that you use.
You can follow the instructions for that here.
You can then set up a welcome email for the leads that come into this list that contains the coupon code.
Follow the instructions on your respective email marketing tool to set up a welcome email.