Socital offers a number of different trigger options for your popups. Choosing the correct trigger will allow you to show your popup to your visitors at the right moment. This will lead to increased conversions, decreased bounce rates, decrease in cart abandonment, etc.
Keep in mind that these options don’t apply for embedded plugins or popup buttons as they are always displayed within the content of your page.
To choose a trigger for your plugin, simply go the “Behavior” tab of the Plugin Builder and select the desired trigger. Now let’s take a closer look at the different triggers that Socital offers and how you can use them to engage with more visitors and increase conversions.
1. Delay: With this trigger, your plugin will appear with some delay after the page loads. Socital allows you to choose the seconds of delay before your popup appears. Let your visitors browse for a while and get the sense of who you are and what your business offerings are, before prompting them to newsletter subscription or any other call to action.
This trigger is suggested particularly for new visitors, that still need the time to explore your website before giving away their personal data.
2. Immediately: With this trigger, your plugin will appear immediately when the page loads. This type of trigger is usually more effective when you want to immediately capture the attention of your visitor. For example, you may want to show a popup only to returning visitors to welcome them back to your site and establish a constant communication with them. Or you may want to offer a discount coupon to all new visitors, so as to grab their attention the moment they visit your page and before they have time to bounce.
Wanna know how to show popups only to new or returning visitors? Take a look at our guide here!
3. Exit Intent: Your popup will appear when the visitor intends to leave the page by moving the cursor outside of it. This trigger is excellent if you want to re-engage and convert abandoning visitors right before they leave your site. Now it’s the perfect time to present them your best call to action (e.g. reward them with a discount or a specific promotion) and give the incentive to stay a little longer on your site, while you capture their social identity.
Keep in mind that the exit intent trigger does not work for Mobile devices.
4. Scrolling: The popup will be triggered when the visitor has scrolled down a certain percentage of the page. Use this trigger at your category page and display a popup when visitors have scrolled halfway through the page and prompt them to subscribe to your newsletter to receive news for their favorite brand or product category. Increase newsletter subscriptions, while customers undistractedly browse your store.
5. Programmatic Trigger: With the programmatic trigger, your popup is triggered from any event that takes place on your page. For example, you can set up your popup to appear when the value of the user’s items added in the cart are over 100€ and the user intends to leave the page. Another example is that you can set up your popup to appear when a returning user has a specific amount of items in his cart.
With this trigger, your popup won’t be triggered automatically. You will need to set up the event that will trigger the plugin on your CMS. You can see analytical instructions here.
Keep in mind that implementing a Programmatic Trigger successfully requires coding skills.